Monday, July 6, 2015

Recovery with Rainbows

Hello everyone!

If you read my last post, you know that I've been through a bit of a rough patch. Thankfully, things have improved and I actually have a new piece to show off!



For now I'm just calling it the 'Rainbow Ring'. In person, the cab flashes all sorts of rainbow colors with a matte finish. Here's how I went about making it:


I bought a whole pack of these so I'm trying to think up clever and effective ways to bezel them, plus I'm all about rings lately.


First i made a strip of loops with my round nose pliers, and then I shaped the loops into a circle and secured them at the ends with a few wraps of 26 gauge wire.


Then, I used two long pieces of 20g wire to give the loops something to attach to that could be used as the band, too.


Then I used my ring mandrel to form the shank of the ring, making sure to wrap it twice.


Then I wrapped the wire ends for a few rounds with the ends of the shank wires, forming a nice round ring without too much detail.

I am happy with how this turned out! I want to think up additional ways to bezel cabochons, but I have lots of ideas, too!

For now I leave you with Trinity, who thinks anything square or rectangular is made specifically for her to sit on.


Til Next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment